Java this programming language is a demand of today’s youth and choice of experts. Java is a general-purpose computer-programming language that is concurrent, class-based, object-oriented, and specifically designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. This is used on various computer platforms. from embedded devices and mobile phones to enterprise servers and supercomputers. Java applets, which are less common than standalone Java applications, run in secure, sandboxed environments to provide many features of native applications and can be embedded in HTML pages.
There are various Java web frameworks for the Java web developers.
What is Framework?
The web framework is imperative for the development of different web applications, such as web resources, web APIs, and web services. Basically, A web application framework (WAF) or web framework (WF) is a software framework.Web framework can alleviate the overhead linked to everyday activities performed during web development. For the various web frameworks, it offers different libraries, for easy access to database and session administration or for template frameworks. Even they promote the reuse of the codes.
In this article, we have various Java frameworks which are the choice of experts :
1. Spring MVC (Model View Controller)
The Spring MVC framework is created as a layered J2EE/Java framework integrating which is specially applied on science. It is best for a wide range of ingenuities. After the process of its design and the expansion, Spring MVC holds many changes to become a full-scale framework Java for the internet applications. It provides a full-scale framework Java for the internet applications as well as a useful toolkit for development and configuration. It can also be used for various security projects. Spring is popular among the programmers for its well-developed ecosystem. It also has the various add-ons, for example, SOAP services, REST APIs, and security authentication.
- Enhanced modularity to improve readability of code
- Simplified injection to test data through POJOs
- Flexible use of DI (Dependency Injection)
- Loose coupling among different modules
- For freshers it could be tough to handle MVC
- Makes the learning curve steep
2. JSF – (JavaServer Faces)
It is a net utility framework of Java and even it is supported by the Oracle’s support. It can be possible that it is a not best framework for the Java development but this is easy to utilize because of the documentation supplied by the oracle. Additionally, if you want EE java, so there will not dependency on JSF. Whereas tools and rich libraries become a perfect complexity of an application. JSF uses server pages of Java and it supports various and distinctive technologies of Facelets and XUL.
Java EE is an imperative part of JSF and as such convenient for developers who use IDE software
It is really wide to understand without having any prior skills and experience Java web development
It is the best framework to develop the base of the web applications. It is a set of interfaces and classes that co-operate to solve the obstacles of the specific type. Its function is based on the MVC – Model View Controller pattern. It is equipped with a net framework for various Java applications. It is an output of the mixed endeavor of the various supporting communities. It can provide the dynamic results.
To control and build MVC based application for the web application provides internal organization architecture
- Built-in support for I-18-N
- Struts is constructed in extension validation and authentication
- Allow modular development and integration with additional components
- Framework is not flexible
- Framework imposes coding, designing and thinking
When we talk about the best Java web frameworks so Hibernate ORM can’t be disregarded. It is an imperative object-relational mapping device for the programming language Java. It provides a mapping framework for a domain model to one relational database. It can sort it out the object-relational impedance incongruity problems by substituting persistent and direct database with high-level object controlling functions. As well as it is free of cost software which is distributed under public 2.1 License of GNU Lesser General.
- It Hibernate allow to communicate with any database by making small alterations in code
- Oracle, MySQL or Db2 Hibernate is DB independent
- Caching instrument to bug catalog with same queries
- N+1 or Sluggish loading support
- IT has a low risk of data loss and it needs less power.
- If electricity gets off so, you can lose all your data
- Restarting can lead on extremely slow
5. GWT (Google Web Toolkit)
- It is very simple and can be learned easily.
- It is really Great to use in creating significantly responsive web application with heavy lifting on client-side and decrease the load on the server-side
- It is created in IDE support to directly refactor Java cryptogram/code to maintain the best design all time
- Google develops GWT and it will have a demand in future.
- GWT is a fast evolving project, and several versions are floating around. You may not get all interfaces and functions.
- The GWT compilation is really slow, and have to use a proprietary method to define the whole structure.
6. Play framework
It makes easy for you to build the web applications with Scala and Java. It totally relies on the stateless, web-friendly and lightweight architecture. It is constructed on Akka and it offers minimal and predictable resource consumption.lt is friendly too for the developers to make the changes along with text, browser, and editor. Additionally, It is designed to meet the demands of the modern and web applications.
- It helps to improve the productivity of the developer
- In this quick reload occurs to the reload for config changes, templates and java code.
- Play is designed for Netty and supports non-blocking I/O
- It is an open source, and everything works well under the hood
- Zenexity and Typesafe offer commercial support
- Play can handle error in dev mode for runtime and compile errors
- Scala and Java use type-safe language, reliable and JVM performance to scale to various developers and users
- Basically Play 2 is a rewrite of the Play 1
- It is around I/O async that means writing code to execute later.
- It is Easy to set up
- In this, you can Install an isolated container
- Special thread in the Vert.x container
- It offers simple methods and objects for non-blocking
- It Can be difficult to scale with some hardware
- It Can be hard to choose a language
So here above, we have provided you the best java frameworks and its pro and cons. Now you can decide it easily which is relevant for you.